"" Grandma Agnes' Attic: Drinks on the Deck 1.0 - Summer Beer

Monday, May 13, 2013

Drinks on the Deck 1.0 - Summer Beer

I have started a new series due to the lack of spring we experienced this year. We can't wait for the warmer weather to arrive, so I am doing Drinks on the Deck every Saturday at our house.

This first installment is from Pinterest and this blogger:


I have to admit, she inspired a whole new board for me on Pinterest labeled Adult Drinks and Snacks. So thank you Molly for changing my life for the better :)

You can click on her picture to the right and it will link you right to her recipe for this wonderful concoction.

Now she states in her post that "What if I don't like beer?" I am with that reader. I haven't been able to drink or even smell beer since college (long story, but I am sure you can figure it out). My husband likes beer, and the smell of his breath even turns my stomach. So the thought of Summer Beer kind of scared me. 

Well, let me tell you, don't be afraid of this if you don't like beer! Once I started mixing the pitcher, I could smell it, and I got worried that I just wasted a whole bunch of vodka on something that only my hubby was going to drink. As soon as the lemonade fully mixed, the beer smell was gone...whew.

Now I have two teens and one tween at home too. They didn't like the idea of us having a fun new glass pitcher and they had nothing. So I purchased two pitchers, a new box of mason jars and some hair clamps. Hair clamps? Yes, hair clamps. As you can see here, one of the pitchers has a hair clamp on the handle. This way the kids know that that pitcher is non-alcoholic and they can drink it. I do plan on making the clamp prettier, but this worked for the initial run.
Our pitcher was filled with the Summer Beer, and the kids pitcher was filled with plain Pink Lemonade. I am going to try to make some sort of non-alcoholic version of what we are drinking. Some weeks will be easier, some weeks harder. But the kids want to have fun too.

Now back to Mommy & Daddies pitcher. Be careful with this drink! Seriously, it is beer and vodka mixed, it is potent, and after two drinks, we were both way to happy after we had been painting all weekend long. I had some cut up strawberries in the fridge and threw them in too. Those strawberries were way to yummy at the bottom of the drink. Kind of reminded me of the WOP parties back in college too.

If you follow me on Instagram (click to the left to follow me), you saw this picture. I hope to be doing this every Saturday, after a long day of working on the house or yard. It may not happen every week, but it sure is a fun way to look forward to the weekend, try some new drinks and kind of celebrate a day of hard work. If you have posted any "pitcher" drinks that you love, leave a comment and I will try your and link back to you too.

Now head on over to Molly's blog, print off her recipe and mix yourself up a pitcher to celebrate the warmer weather...finally!






I am sharing this post with all of these lovely bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. Love the drink recipe, and your blog is really pretty. I would love it if you would join my sister and I, we are hosting a linky party next Thursday and this would be a great drink recipe. Love for you to come.
    http://easylifemealandpartyplanning.blogspot.com/p/bbq-block-party-thursday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing again this week. Linda

    ReplyDelete