"" Grandma Agnes' Attic: UPDATE About Joe Bully Fight Night - Gavin Pierson

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

UPDATE About Joe Bully Fight Night - Gavin Pierson

Three weeks ago, I told you about an amazing little boy, Gavin Pierson. You can read that quick post here. He is a brave 6 year old boy fighting for his life against a rare brain tumor that he calls "Joe Bully" If you follow me on Pinterest, I have a board dedicated to all the news stories that have covered him. You can check out all his coverage here.

Well last Friday night we attended, and helped out where we could, at a wonderful benefit for Gavin and his family. They raised a whole bunch of money to help Minneapolis Children's Hospital purchase the laser that he needs to help fight this tumor and get rid of Joe Bully forever.

Now I know most of you are not from our little part of Minnesota, but you can help out too. Read his stories, spread his stories, pray for him, follow him on CaringBridge, follow him on Facebook, or make a donation to help get him that laser.

Below are the pictures that I captured to show the correct way to do a benefit, they did an amazing job!







 I didn't get pictures of everything, but there were four tables of silent auction items, face painting, tubes for the kids to climb in, and three rooms of bouncy houses, a boxing ring, games to play, t-shirts to buy, a wall to write prayers to Gavin on, sno cones, photo booth, music and so much more. There was so much going on you were finding something new around every corner. It was a great way to spend a Friday night with my kids and their extra friends in toe. Because you know me, my family can't do anything without extra teenagers...

Thank you for taking the time to read this very special story.






No comments:

Post a Comment