Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spray Painting Kind of Weekend - I love Spray Paint!

If you are reading this, you are a crafter. And if you are a crafter, you already know the joy of spray paint. I love spray paint, and it has come a long was in the past few years. Have you looked at the spray paint isle in the home improvement stores lately? They take up an entire row...I love it!

I live in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, and yes we can have snow for about six months out of the year. This year we got 8.5 inches of snow in April so far, and more is expected! So our spray painting season is shorter than most, so when the weather is nice, if you step outside, you can almost hear the clinking and clanking of spray paint cans being shook up!

This past weekend my husband was painting the molding for the basement in the garage, so he pulled the portable heater into the garage. This is the one HUGE thing I miss from my last house, a heated garage! So if the garage was going to be heated, I figured I could get some of my spray painting done that has been waiting since October of last year.

I painted a candle holder orange for a Pinterest Pin-Test. That post will be coming soon, but I didn't like the orange color, so it will be re-painted before that post happens :)
I painted a small sun burst mirror that I found at the Goodwill for only $4.00. It will be adorning my bedroom at some point, and yes a post is planned for that one already too. I have taken the before pictures, and am just getting all the pieces together to finally have the after picture! I also painted a small thimble holder that I picked up too, but didn't take it's picture.

Side Note: If using Rust-Oleum Gloss Protective Enamel, it will not wash off your hands with soap and water! I just was looking for a gloss, and didn't pay attention that it was enamel. It looks great, but took me awhile to clean off my hands...

I then grabbed the red! I am finishing up accessories for my daughters New York themed bathroom. You can read about how I painted her doors in this posting. Because her bathroom is mostly grays, she needs pops of red and blues, so these tiny frames were once hot pink, now red. We found them at Target after Christmas and I think the pair was only like $2.00 on clearance. They have glass and a stand on the back, so they will work perfectly on her shelves. There is also a paper organizer that was the wrong color blue, so that go painted red also. Not quite sure how that will fit into her bathroom, but it will find a home.

I stopped taking pictures at the red, as my brother-in-law and niece came over for dinner. He was looking at me funny when I was taking pictures of everything. Funny thing is, I forgot to take any pictures of the molding my husband was painting for the basement.  The basement is coming together and is almost done...post coming soon on that too :)

I am sharing this post with:


Crafts al a Mode 
DIY Home Sweet Home 
House of Hempworth 
No Minimalist Here 
Sewing Barefoot
DIY Showoff
Nifty Thrifty Things
The Chicken Chick
Keeping it Simple Crafts 
Fine Craft Guild 
Family Home and Life 
Thirty Handmade Days 
Consider Me Inspired 
Crafty Scrappy Happy






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your visit to my blog, and I'm sure your husband and brother will love the lemon brownies. They will be different than the lemon squares that their mom used to make. I have a friend that brings lemon bars to every function! She makes them from a box ;o) We chuckle at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried to spray paint a maison jar lid last week, but it turned out quite ugly ... nibs all over ist and it covers not very well ... how do you do this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winterkind, you need to take short sprays back and forth and make sure you are at least a foot away from whatever you are spraying. If you are too close or spraying to heavy you will get runs. It is better to do three light coats rather than one huge coat. You will get a much better finished look that way.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete