Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Tablescape - Ideas I have Used

This is my first posting of a tablescape. I have loved collecting dishes for quite some time now, and have two full sets of china. The problem is, since we moved, I don't want people over to my house until the house looks better...

Well Easter was the first time to set up the whole table real pretty and have a few people over for dinner. I know the house doesn't have to be perfect, but it makes me feel better when there aren't five different wall colors to stare at during dinner.

Here is what I ended up with for my table:
This is the grouping of the "centerpiece" I didn't use just one piece, I wanted it more of a collection of items. The two bunny statues I have had for years and years. I think my Mom bought them for me about 15 years ago, they tend to make an appearance somewhere in the house every Easter.



Here is a better shot of the girl bunny, and the "chocolate" bunny from this posting. I plan to have more chocolate bunnies on the table for next year. Every place setting gets their own salt and pepper shakers. I have been collecting small clear salt and pepper shakers for the past few years also. That way you never have to ask somebody to "Pass the salt", you always have your own!

Here is the back side of the boy bunny. I also have the purple bunny container. I purchased him last year at a thrift shop. I also have a brown turkey. But to be honest, I am not sure what to put inside of it? Please help if you know what to put inside of him. Right now I just leave them empty. Maybe small candies? Need help with that before Thanksgiving and the turkey hits the table.
I try to only make one or two holiday purchases each season to add to my collection. This year I purchased this orange egg holder and fake eggs. I got them at JoAnn's. The egg holder is ceramic and quite heavy, I plan on keeping it out year round as I have orange accents throughout the kitchen. The eggs are just Styrofoam and speckled. You will see them closer down below. This is also a better view of the table runner I made years ago too. It was my first attempt at weaving a quilt. I made it small for the table. I am not crazy about it, but it is colorful and works for now.

I did a simple place setting. I have my "spring" china that was passed down to me from my Mother-in-law. We tend to use this set in the spring time. Everyday silverware, new orange napkins from HomeGoods, and a single egg. The glasses are our everyday glasses. We tend to be a huge water drinking family, so there are always large water glasses on the table. The stemware was passed down to me through my mother, and they were passed to her from her Great Aunt. So they make appearances for special events too.

So the table was set, the guests arrived, we ate like pigs and everybody was happy! We ended up the evening with a loud game of Apples to Apples, and it somehow turned into a Harlem Shake video. I will be posting that YouTube video soon. The daughter is still trying to get the music to sync up to our lovely dancing at just the right time.


So that's it, my first tablescape posting. Hopefully this will be the first of many. I love making big meals and having friends and family over. Now if I could just get the darn kitchen painted so I wouldn't be so embarrassed.


I am sharing this post with:

Cuisine Kathleen

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love a cute Easter table!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Easter table...love the hobnail glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am honored you shared your first tablescape at Let's Dish! Love the glassware!
    I hope you will do another and join in!
    Every Wed. night at 7 EST
    You have to remove the word id, though, people don't want to take the time to do it. Hope you will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to tablescaping! If you love dishes, you are definitely among friends here. '-) Pretty dishes, cute little bunnies, and I adore your hobnail glasses.

    ReplyDelete